CM 13 Android 6.0 Marshmallow for Xiaomi Redmi 2
Unofficial CM 13 Based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow
It was not long that Xiaomi failed to release source code for its budget phone the Redmi 2 and it seemed like there was no hope for any update but Developers of MIUI Forum Made it possible by releasing an Unofficial lollipop update through Cyanogenmod 12.1, taking this a step further developers have released an Unofficial Marshmallow update for the Device which can be used for daily use, the rom is still under beta, you may find some bugs on it but is perfectly suited for a daily use.
You Might Like :-
- Latest CM12.1 for Xiaomi Redmi 2 (Fixed) – Recommended
- CM 11S Stable Kitkat AOSP Rom for Xiaomi Redmi 2
- Future Interactive UI For Xiaomi Redmi 2
- How to install Latest MIUI 6 in Xiaomi Redmi 2
- Lewa OS 5 For Xiaomi Redmi 2
- crDroid Rom for Xiaomi Redmi 2 – Most Stable & Recommended for daily use
- Unofficial CyanogenMod 12 Android 5.0 Lollipop For Xiaomi Redmi 2
- Mokee Rom For Xiaomi Redmi 2
- Pac-Man ROM For Xiaomi Redmi 2
- Official Vibe UI V2.0 For Xiaomi Redmi 2
- CyanogenMod 11 (CM11) For Xiaomi Redmi 2
- How to Easily Root Xiaomi Redmi 2
- How to Install Custom CWM Recovery in Xiaomi Redmi 2
- How to Install Custom TWRP Recovery in Xiaomi Redmi 2
WARNING: This procedure will factory reset your device! Accounts, applications, settings, contacts, etc will be lost, so make sure to backup them before going further!
Step 1 :- First make sure that you have flashed CWM or TWRP Recovery, if not then follow this guide for CWM or this for TWRP to do so, it recommended that you use Materialised TWRP Recovery for this ROM, download it from here.
Step 2 :- Download the file Rom zip file from download section below to and place it in your phone.
Step 3 :– Next Download the file OpenGApps for ARM 6.0 micro to your phone from the links below.
Step 4 :- Now reboot your device into Recovery mode by holding Power button with Volume Up + Volume Down button simultaneously.
Step 5 :- In Recovery mode first format user data, cache and dalvik cache.
Step 6 :- After that choose Install and install both the ROM and the GApps zip files.
Step 7 :- After the process completes reboot your device.
That’s it, first boot will take time, after that choose your language and complete the setup process.
Rom Name : Unofficial CM 13
Android Version : Android 6.0.x Marshmallow
Based on : CyanogenMod 13
Stage : Beta
Last Updated : Check below link for latest version (it will be updated automatically)
Camera Fix :
Flesh this file through recovery if you face any problem in camera.
Source : XDA Forums
Subscribe to our Mailing list for more Xiaomi Redmi 2 Roms.
Like Our Facebook Page for Development and Support related with Xiaomi Redmi 2
Share you experience with this ROM in the comment section below.
If you face any problem then please comment below.