In this article we cover some of the best family tracker apps for iOS, which will help you keep track of your loved ones whenever you want to, to ensure that they are safe and sound.
When it comes to the safety of our family, we exercise tremendous caution. Gone are the days when our parents would contact us every time they wanted to know where we were. And the day is coming when we will take a step forward and delegate caregiving to technology.
This would not have been possible without the help of family locator apps. These days, everyone has a phone, so why not put this to good use? These family tracker apps for iOS will help you in tracking the whereabouts of your family.
The Best Family Tracker Apps for iOS
The first app and one of the best family tracker apps for iOS is Glympse. Glympse is a quick, free, and easy method to share your current location with family, friends, and coworkers using GPS tracking on your mobile smartphone! This is a location sharing on your terms; you choose who and when to see your location!
- Simple: no sign-up is required
- Secure: share your location on your terms – you are in control
- Easy: no sign-up is required
- Safe: your Glympse automatically expires after sharing has ended
- Live: use a dynamic map to share your location in real-time.
- View: Friends or family members in a Private Group or share to a Public Group
- Open: share with anyone – no app required to view
- Passive: operates in the background
- Global: works anywhere if GPS and a data connection are available
Price: Free/Premium Plans
Life360 is our second pick for the best family tracker apps for iOS. With complete safety features for life at home, on the web, and on the go — all in one location for increased value and convenience — protect and connect the people who matter most. Take use of cutting-edge tools that go beyond a simple GPS phone tracker.
Bring your family closer together with complete safety measures tailored for today’s busy lives – all in one convenient location for extra value and convenience. Smart tools and 24/7, wherever emergency support go beyond basic GPS phone tracking.
Features of the Premium Plan:
- SOS to send a silent alert with your location to family members, emergency contacts, and responders.
- 24/7 Emergency dispatch that’s always on call for your entire family. Even if you can’t call for help, we will.
- Family Safety Assist for comprehensive real-time specialist support anytime, anywhere, and in any situation.
- Identity Theft Protection to safeguard each family member’s sensitive digital information and white-glove restoration service, including up to $1M in coverage.
- 5 Best Family Tracker Apps for Android Devices
- Top 5 Family Locator Apps for Android and iOS
- How to Easily Track and Find Your Friends & Family Using their Mobile Phones
- 5 Best Family Locator Apps for Android to Track Your Loved Ones
3. Foursquare Swarm
The third app in the list of best family tracker apps for iOS is Foursquare Swarm. The best way to keep track of where you go is to use Swarm. You’ll never question “what was the name of that place?” again, whether it’s the new café downtown or that delicious ramen spot in Tokyo.
Check in so you can remember anywhere with Swarm, whether you choose to be a local or are trying to explore the world. This is how easy it is to keep track of your life. Every time you check in, we’ll add a point to your own map so you can see where you’ve been. Add a photo or a comment to your check-ins to make the memories even better for your future self.
- Log in to swarm to see where you have been
- Get insights into your exploration habits
- Attach notes to remember things about the places you visit.
4. Google Maps
The last app in the collection of best family tracker apps for iOS is the good ol’ Google Maps, which comes integrated with all other Google offered apps. Google Maps will let you navigate your world more quickly and easily.
There are almost 220 countries and territories included on the map, as well as hundreds of millions of businesses and locations. Get real-time GPS navigation, traffic, and transport information, as well as the most up-to-date information on businesses, such as grocery stores, pharmacies, and other key locations.
- It is available on both, mobile and web.
- Share your real-time location with friends and family members.
- Share your location for a duration between 1 hour to 3 days or infinitely, until off.
- See the contact’s address on Google Maps and reach there using directions.
- Find the estimated time of arrival and keep up with your schedule.
- Get real-time information about buses, trains, and ride-share.
- Plan with your group and vote in real-time.
- View the battery of the added devices, especially if you’re tracking kids.
These are some of the best family tracker apps for iOS. Some of these require both devices to be downloaded, while others work with the web and others don’t require any software at all. Some may be confined to specific locations, while others may only be available to operators. Please let us know which family tracking software worked best for you. All of these apps are feature-rich and sturdy.