In a past few years, everything has moved online! And so why should we sit behind? We should also grow our business online. The first thing to do is build a website for your customers.
But how to build a website for small businesses without much tech knowledge?
Well, it is pretty easy to build a website nowadays.
If you build a website for your business, you can reach more customers. Through online services, you can have a huge customer base. This will help you earn not only from the offline store but from customers from across the globe.
How to build a website for small businesses?
Building a website has become a lot easier than before. You now have a lot of ways with which you can easily build a website. But we have shortened all of them in 3 major ways. All of them have been described below. I hope you’ll get answers to all your queries.
#1. Buy a Website Builder
Instead of doing a lot of hard work, do smart work. Buy a website builder for you and let it work for you. They don’t require having a lot of IT knowledge. You don’t need to manage to host or code manually. You just need to invest some bucks to get the builder.
Website builders are the quickest and the easiest way to build a website in less time. There are a lot of website builders such as Wix, Weebly, Jimdo, Squarespace, etc. These builders have built a lot of sites by ordinary users. And so you can be good for this company too 😉
You can get started with website builders in some simple steps:
- Choose your website builder: First of all, look for the site you need to build. According to it get the website builder you need. You can choose from Wix, Weebly, Jimdo, and Squarespace.
- With any of these builders, you don’t need to code. Just use the drag and drop methods. And Voila! Your website will be ready within a while.
- Test your builder: These builders provide free trails. Try those free trials and choose the best services for you. Then you can buy their premium plans and move on.
- Choose the right plan: Choose the cheapest monthly plan, if you want to experiment. Once you are satisfied with the plans you can buy the plans as per the data you upload and traffic you experience.
- Choose your domain: Now get a domain name for your business. I would recommend you to buy it from GoDaddy or Namecheap.
- Pick your template: There are a lot of templates available for a different niche. You can choose the one that suits your business.
- Customize the template: You can tweak your template and make it look as you want it. Add few pages to the menu, edit the images, add color and fonts, etc.
- Preview and test the site: Before you publish your site, preview it. Check if all the buttons are working. Check for grammatical mistakes and spelling mistakes.
- Publish: Once you are satisfied with everything, go ahead and publish your site.
#2. Buy a Web Hosting Plan and Install WordPress
If you were not satisfied with the previous website builders, try building a site with WordPress. WordPress has always been one of the most popular platforms for building websites. Around 55% people rely on WordPress for their sites followed by Joomla (20%).
Here are some simple steps to build a site using WordPress:
- Get a Domain Name and Hosting: First of all buy a domain name and a hosting service.
- Choose the Hosting Plan: Before you buy the hosting service, check out for the plans that suit you the best. You can consider buying Godaddy $1 hosting plan that comes with a free domain name.
- Install WordPress: Follow the steps below to install WordPress on your site.
Steps to Install WordPress:
- Login to your hosting account and navigate to the cPanel.
- Look for the WordPress or the Website icon.
- Choose the domain name where you want to install your site.
- Click on Install Now and you’re done!
Now once, you have completed installing WordPress on your site choose the theme for your site. Choose from millions of themes available for free according to your niche. Then you can customize the site as you like it. There are a lot of plugins and add-ons to help you with customization.
Then when you are satisfied with your site, preview it. Check for all mistakes like 404 errors of pages or buttons, grammatical mistakes, etc. Once all set, go ahead and publish it on the Internet.
#3 Hire a Developer
If you don’t want any trouble and have enough bucks to grow your business, hire a developer. The developer will provide you support for the site. He will build the website using the platform you like. Also, he can provide you the best advice for best hosting plans. He will take care of everything from hosting to WordPress.
There are a lot of websites from where you can hire experienced developers at cheap rates. Some sites are Fiverr, Upwork, Peopleperhour, etc. So, if you have enough bucks go ahead and hire a developer. In this way, you’ll out of trouble.
Build a website for small businesses have become easier nowadays. You have a lot of options to choose from. Even if you have the money or not, you can still build a great website. You just need a few bucks as everything is available for cheap rates now.
So what are you waiting for? Go ahead and build a website. Do let us know if you have progressed in your business with the new website. Also, leave your feedback on this post. And in case of any queries comment down below or mail us. We’ll try to solve it asap J