Over the past few years, online shopping has become all too common, all thanks to the great power of the internet and dramatic rise in smartphone usage that let people shop online conveniently.
According to a report, in the United States only, more than 60% of people buy goods online. As a result, every business firm is looking to have an eCommerce store where they can list and sell their range of services and products.
Well, building an eCommerce store has become quite easy nowadays. There are many platforms available that let you build and manage an online storefront effortlessly.
If you are in search of a good eCommerce platform that offers a broad range of benefits to sellers, you have come to the right place. We have put together the list of top 6 eCommerce platforms in the industry.
It is highly customizable that makes it a perfect choice for newbies. WooCommerce is the same as regular WordPress plugin that you need to install on your WordPress site.
- It is a free plugin comes with a wide range of features.
- Since it is integrated with WordPress, it adopts all the feature of WordPress.
- Highly customizable and flexible.
- Supports a vast number of extensions.
Shopify is one of the most beginner-friendly eCommerce platforms comes in the subscription-based pricing model. It is renowned for its easy setup, loading speed, secure payment methods and customizable templates. Even if the platform is more focused on mobile shopping. It still has some advantages over most popular website builders. You can clearly see them in this Shopify vs Squarespace comparison. Let’s take a look at few of its features.
- It has over 100 themes and templates.
- Offers 1000+ plugins which you can use for extending the functionality of your store.
- It an SEO friendly platform.
- Offers 24/7 live support (phone, chat, email).
- It is packed with the mobile-friendly shopping cart
- It lets you connect your online store with social media platforms directly.
Like WooCommerce, it is also an open-source eCommerce platform that offers cutting-edge solutions. Magento is running by the eBay group and widely known for its scalability. At present, it is hosting almost one-fourth of the total online stores in the market.
- It comes with a user-friendly interface.
- Due to open source nature, it supports a wide range of customization options.
- Similar to WooCommerce, it has a broad online community.
- It has more than 9000 plugins and extensions.
Came into existence in 2009, BigCommerce accommodates more than 50,000 online stores. It offers many similar features as of Shopify. With BigCommerce, you can list your products on different social media and eCommerce platforms such as Facebook, Amazon, eBay, etc. Speaking of features, it comes with unlimited storage, bandwidth and many useful built-in features such as coupons, newsletters, analytics, etc.
- It comes with both paid and free responsive themes, you can choose as per your requirements and budget.
- Along with the live support, you can also watch their video tutorials to find the answers to your queries.
- It supports store integration with Google shopping and Facebook.
- It has a clear User Interface that helps you manage daily management tasks easily.
5. Drupal Commerce
Drupal Commerce is another well-known open-source eCommerce solution that enables you to build a dynamic online store. If you are one of those merchants who want to give more priority to SEO, the platform will best suit your requirements. This mobile-ready platform can easily integrate with social media platforms so that you can give your audience a good and convenient shopping experience.
- Drupal Commerce is a highly reliable eCommerce platform offers adequate flexibility.
- Provides enough options to manage search engine optimization, web analytics, and conversion rate optimization.
This well-known eCommerce solution is declared under Open Software License. Prestashop comes into two different forms i.e. Downloadable Prestashop and Cloud-based Prestashop. This platform is getting popularity for its features like easy customization, mobile-friendly themes and templates and easy payment options.
- Its templates are written in PHP language that makes it the first choice among programmers.
- In comparison to other platforms, it has easy to explore admin panel.
- You can easily customize your store with Prestashop themes.
- The platform allows you to track your orders and checkouts smoothly.
If you have a product or service that you’re eager to sell on your own online store, these are the few best eCommerce platforms that can help you build a professional online store. All of these platforms are already used by millions of people, you can choose the one that best suits your requirements. If you have more great platforms in mind, let us know in the following comment section. We would love to hear from you!