The time left behind when someone ask the way to particular person for his destination when he/she/they are on the unknown and mysterious path/travel/trek. Now in days mobile phones get really smarter. Smartphones becomes the very important as the water one could die without having the mobile phones only for few hours. Mobiles are now able to tell us each and everything. GPS maps on the mobile phones shows our live location along with it guides us with detailed path to reach our destination in minimum time and travelling minimum distance.
These maps are now become the very high tech , they don’t only shows the way but along with it they also gives us the real time traffic updates. In these days great apps and devices are available which makes our driving very comfortable.
MapmyIndia Zx350 Navigator with 5-inch touchscreen
MapmyIndia Zx350 PND, based on Windows CE 6.0, offers navigation and entertainment features, featuring MapmyIndia’s latest maps, and the ability to access movies, videos, pictures, and ebooks via native apps. It offers built-in storage capacity of 2GB, which can be expanded up to 8GB through a SD card slot. The PND is powered by a 600MHz SIRF V processor, coupled with 128MB of DDR2 of RAM.
The personal navigation device features a 5-inch (272×480 pixels) LCD touchscreen, sports a black matte finish and built-in audio speakers. The MapmyIndia Zx350 can also be paired with car audio-video system, as per the company.
According to MapmyIndia, the Zx350 navigator offers house-level maps for 50 cities, 3D landmarks and 2D building footprints across 46 cities, over 10.33 million places, street-level maps for 4787 cities connected via 1.90 million kms of highway and road network.
The Zx350 navigator offers features like reverse routing, audible lane guidance available without TTS (text to speech), support for Hindi, speed limit warnings and ferry guidance.
The navigator can also be used as a reverse camera screen. It offers Bluetooth connectivity through which it can be paired with the users’ smartphone allowing them to make and take calls hands-free, or listen to music via the car AV system through the navigator’s built-in FM transmitter.
“The MapmyIndia navigators are an iconic product series, they are the ones that kick-started the GPS navigation revolution in the country. And these are getting bigger and better. The launch of MapmyIndia Zx 350 navigator is another step towards our ongoing endeavor to delight the consumers by offering them enhanced features, fun and functionality. These ingredients have made our products best-sellers in the Indian market. We would continue to push the envelope by bringing to the Indian consumers products that are best-in-class,” says Rakesh Verma, Managing Director, MapmyIndia.
A car mount, wall charger, car charger and USB cable is included with the device.
Waze – GPS Navigation, Maps & Social Traffic
Waze is the world’s largest community-based traffic and navigation app. Join drivers in your area who share real-time traffic & road info to save time, gas money, and improve daily commuting for all.
Just by driving with Waze open, you’re already contributing tons of real-time traffic information to your local community. You can also actively report accidents, police traps and other hazards you see on the road. Get road alerts along your route and find the cheapest gas prices around you shared by the community. Plus, you can add friends, send locations or keep others posted on your arrival time.
- Live routing based on community driven, real-time traffic & road info
- Community reported alerts including accidents, hazards, police traps, road closures, and more
- Turn-by-turn voice guided navigation
- Live maps, consistently edited and updated by Waze community map editors
- Automatic rerouting as conditions change on the road
- Send your ETA & real-time drive to update those you’re meeting
- Learns your frequent destinations, commuting hours, and preferred routes
- Find the cheapest gas station on your route
- Add information on local places and businesses
- Add Facebook friends and sync Contacts
- See friends’ ETA when driving to the same destination
- One tap navigation to Facebook & Calendar events
- Earn points as you contribute road info and climb the ranks in your community
Waze is all about contributing to and benefiting from the common good, so hop on board and get involved!
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Waze will automatically shut down if you run it in the background and haven’t driven for a while.
The Google Maps app for Android phones and tablets makes navigating your world faster and easier. Find the best spots in town and the information you need to get there.
- Comprehensive, accurate maps in 220 countries and territories
- Voice-guided GPS navigation for driving, biking, and walking
- Transit directions and maps for over 15,000 towns and cities
- Live traffic conditions, incident reports, and automatic rerouting to find the best route
- Detailed information on more than 100 million places
- Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, museums, and more
Guides. Alerts. Records
On the road, you deserve a co-driver you can rely on for a stress-free driving experience all the way to your destination. That’s what you get with Garmin nüvi.
Combining innovative routing features, spoken turn-by-turn directions, integrated technologies and big, bright screens, these versatile navigators provide seamless compatibility with apps and other Garmin devices. Plus, our industry-leading nüviCam™ features a built-in dash cam and driver awareness alerts to help you drive, and arrive, with confidence.
Driver Awareness vs. driver distractions.
The statistics below, based on a recent driver survey*, shows some of the most commonly admitted ways that drivers lose concentration while driving. Wouldn’t it be great if you could minimize surprises and distractions on the road? Now, the latest in Garmin Driver Awareness features (on select nüvi models) provide alerts to help encourage safer driving. So, you can drive, and arrive, with confidence.
- If you are on long trip use GPS maps in offline mode to save the data.
- Always install the mobile charging port in your car , because these apps or devices consumes the more power which may drain out the battery faster.
- Shut off GPS when you reaches the destination.
- The real time traffic shown on GPS is not always 100% accurate always.