This is far best and Most Stable Rom for Micromax Canvas HD A116 / FLY IQ451 /MYphone 919i Duo / Wiko Cink 5 / Qmobile A600 (as all these phones have same specs)
Before Proceeding further please make sure that you have a rooted device and have successfully installed CWM Recover, if not then follow the below tutorials to do so.
Rooting and CWM :- How to Root Micromax Canvas HD A116 and Install CWM or TWRP Recovery (Easiest Guide – Without PC}
Now proceed further.
KitKAndroid Rom V2
Rom Features :-
- Visual style similar to android 4.4 Kit Kat.
- Both sims work perfect. Use 3G in any sim.
- “OK Google” HotWord Support
- 4.3 Camera with working Panorama
- Battery is similar to stock and will be better with Greenify.
- Google Keyboard with all features like FINGER SWYPE keyboard, Smileys, Symbols, etc.
- Gallery, Camera, Calendar, Mail, Launcher with Voice Recognition and Google Now, Hangouts app, Fonts, Tones, Settings and Phone Icons and Wallpapers (only google home launcher) from Kit Kat.
- Bravia Engine 2.
- Added ES Explorer to start apks installation immediately after flash.
- Sound is enough loud and clear. Great quality sound in Speaker, Headphone and Bluetooth Headset. All three tested ok.
- Tweaks: Picture and video quality, 3g speed, web browsing speed, Camera flash, Battery saving wifi and video streaming.
- Added access to engineer mode,test and factory mode from development options.
- Contacts Holo Dark style.
- Transparent notifications layer.
- Lockscreen clock centered.
- Multiuser support
- Screen off animation CRT.
- Added new notifications sounds.
- KitKat bootanimation.
- No sound on startup.
- Added AOSP 4.2 wallpapers.
- Sun Beam live wallpaper from google edition ( red Phase Beam).
- Removed live wallpapers bubbles and spiral.
- Notification bar with speed meter and clock on the left.
- EASTER EGG: Many clicks on Android Version opens Full list of many Developer Options which are normally not available.
Installation Instructions :-
Step 1 :- Download and save rom zip on your SD card.
Step 2 :- Now Go to TWRP/CWM Recovery and do a Factory Reset (Full wipe)
Step 3 :- Now Flash Rom and Reboot
Step 4 :- Important: First think is to run Google Keyboard for initial setup of language and default input. If you dont finish this three step setup, that amazing keyboard will not appear.
That’s it, Now Start using this amazing KitKat Rom.
Downloading Links :-
Download KitKAndroid V2 Rom from Dev Host
For Rom Updates, FAQ’s, Mods and Tutorials Visit its Official Forum on XDA.
- potaturrias for Demandroid KitKat based on 4.2.1 Zopo Port Rom
- cmahendra for BASE ROM from version V2.
- bgos10 for collection of some more tweaks from various devs.
- vijay4b7 for the Base Stock Rom upto V1
hey i just installed the rom bt my device didnt ooted up!
plsss do something and could u pls elaborate the process of install it ?
I mean to say my device is not starting up
i am facing the same problem the device is not starting after i installed this rom
have you did data and cache wipe before flashing it?
will it work on canvas 2.2 a114
no, its for canvas HD A116.
It is not a kitkat rom. It is 4.2.1
Hi , i have canvas hd, i root my perfactly but in custom rom i facing abort problem pls suggest me how can upload rom in my canvas hd
for installing a Rom you first need to install a CWM or TWRP Recovery on your device.
first i install framaroot and then cwm then mobile uncle … all done very well but after that my mobile rooted but how i install custom rom in mobile.. custom rom is in my SD card but how can i install that .. pls guide me
u can mail me if possible.. my id is email@example.com
go to recovery mode and then flash the rom from your sd card.
ROM Says 4.2.1 … this is not Kitkat 4.4…
its a kitkat themed ROM, not a Kitkat ROM.
There’s no 4.4 kernal available for this device.
Hi! Maitreya Patni
First Thanks for the rom I installed on my canvas hd a116i
I want some info.
how to add multi screen as it is showing only one screen
and agains and again one notification is comming how to avoid it “adobe Shell granted superuser permission”
Please reply thank you.
Thanks for the post, it was very helpful.
please correct this sentence
Step 4 :- Important: First think to –> First Thing
After installation the android version shown on the phone is 4.2.1
I think it is not 4.4 version!
Hi, I done all the steps above, related to Root and CWM..And then I went to recovery mode and then choose the zip file i.e., kitkat v2 (downloaded from above given link)..I encountered the installation aborted. Can someone help.
hey..i was using stark hd previously but now earpiece and speakers are not working for phone calls…there’s no hardware issue so i thought of changing rom…above mentioned link is not working please provide with a new one. and if you have any solution for my problem please let me know…..firstname.lastname@example.org
Hey, I have installed Framaroot and rooted my device successfully . I have also downloaded CWM Recovery Image but when I REBOOT INTO RECOVERY , my phone is not rebooting . It is just showing Canvas HD Logo .
i have rooted my canvas hd using v root and then i have installed this kitkat but it is not getting started up means it after showing canvas hd it only shows animation of kitkai colors and is not getting start pls some 1 help..;.
this is jerk…a damn bad post, no help only a trap to ruin you 500 mb data…m screwed