Today on 2nd July 2014, Gionee released its Official Android 4.4.2 Kitkat Update for its flagship smartphone Elife S5.5 over OTA and is available for users to install.
Android 4.4.2 Kitkat Update ChangeLog in Gionee Elife S5.5 :-
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update
- Complete New Layout
- Remove many bloatwares like the World Cricket Champion and Real Football game.
- Added Du Speed Booster
- Updated Amigo Paper with a brand New UI
- Updated Game Zone with a New UI
- Updated GioneeXender
- Update all Google Apps with 4.4.2
- Updated UC Browser
- Updated NQ Mobile Security
- Updated Kingsoft WPS
- Removed Settings Shortcut from Notification Panel
- Theme and Wallpaper will be reset to Default after System Update, but Data will not be Lost.
How to Update Gionee Elife S5.5 with Android 4.4.2 Kitkat :-
Step 1 :- Please Make sure that your device is charged more then 50% and you have taken a back up your data.
Step 2 :- If you are on a Custom Rom or you have a rooted device then you need to unroot it and install stock firmware for Kitkat update.
Step 3 :- Now for downloading Kitkat Update you need to Settings >> About phone >> System updates >> Check for updates, Now Download the Android 4.4.2 Update and install it.
Its and automated process you just need to download the update and then it will ask for confirmation to install it, just tap OK to install the update.
While Updating you don’t need to worry about you data because it remains safe, while some of the settings get reset, including the wallpaper, which you can reselect.
Android 4.4.2 Kitkat Update for Gionee Elife E7 is scheduled for the upcoming week, so stay tuned.
If you face any problem then please comment below.